Change is permanent - part I

Dear All
Lockdown seemed to be a difficult time but on the contrary, it was so beautiful, all things were on reset mode. It allowed us to restructure our schedules and revisit our past lives via memories. In the process, we realized that how we started 20 yrs before this 21st century and how Hi-tech we have become now.

Today's creation is dedicated to the new generation post 2k kids to show how we lived before this KAL-YUG. I have mentioned a few personal and few common/ public facts, do let me know if you can relate with the exact year. All do let me know if I forgot to mention any major fact or person.

Part - II - post year 2000 is also under WIP, will share soon 

These pearls are drops of dew
My throwback, let's have a quick view
Throughout life, I was so ignorant
Now I know, only change is permanent

Open drains were the only feature
Oil and grains with lot of tincture
One big screen, for the whole colony
All were together, in whole agony

PCO was new in the town
Rangoli won from binaca countdown
Stars were bright in the night
No electricity, only candle to ignight

Rikshaw & auto conquered horse cart
Commuting built, fall upon heart
Marbles & balls broke many window
Time was tough, just enough for the dough

India won, the First world cup
Bon Bon dowerman, was my new pup
Kulfi, faluda, gol gappe
Gidda, boliyan, te roz tappe

Lot got killed in Bhopal Gas and riots
Don’t know why, I become griot
Sard, Cut Sard, new words found
All gone religious, on the ground

School started, life smiled, got Nikhil Bro
Life was simple, full of laughter though
Buniyaad, Nukkad won everyone heart
Ramayan, Mahabharat, were the real art

Met Sonia, my first-lifetime friend
Dhinchak life, no grudges, no repent  
Landline entered, made, lot of noise
Shower & commode were, as per choice

Kids got also, separate bedroom
New era started,  towards the doom
No more antenna, no video cassette recorder
Single holiday, Single outing, double tape recorder

Changed my school, saw a new bubbly
My best friend, Jassu, met my lovely
Deepti, Kanchan, Jyoti and Pooji
Didn’t Deepu will be remain as Jinni
  
Summer vacation got stolen by the ZEE
Chess gone dump, Tetris won, pl agree
Annu Kapoor made another history
Tara madam created lot of mystery

One more sparkle as Sonu darling
Jyoti gave some life meaning
H A H K was the family movie
I turned sweet sixteen & choosey
  
Suddenly India, got lot of beauty
Ash & Sush, were the top Cutie
Buses were loaded upto 120 degree
Eve teasing, molestation, and no decree

D D L J was the latest super hit
For the college, I was super fit
One family, one Scooter and one pager
Personal landline with lot of danger

Life slow down, I joined CA
But lots of fun, on my way
Met Meenal, Guru, Ankush as Maharaj
Added Ruchika, Vijay, Rohit & Raj

Shopping Shopping Pizza cold drink

Learnt minesweeper no time for other thing

Lost World Cup, but won Kargil

Met New friends Ajit and Chhabil 

Gaurav was the last in bouquet
Lost grandpa, let’s all pray
Sonu Nigam Deewana added more colours
Ab ke sawaan and matrix were having many lovers

Aankhon Ki Gustakhiyan, created a lot Chaos
Adnan Sami forced, kabhi to nazar milao
Everywhere there was hue and cry
Y2k, brought recession in industry

 

 

 Shyamili




Comments

  1. Beautiful maam learn old memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. H A H K..one of my fvrt movie, "personal landline with lot of danger" it means mam u enjoyed a lot of that moment

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

प्रेम

परिवर्तन

Stress Stress Stress